Wednesday 20 February 2013

Short Story: Showing Love is a Cure



The Power of Sadaqah


    This is true story that happened a few years ago. A man was afflicted with a heart affliction. No one in Egypt could help him, so hewent to the UK for medical help. He went to the doctors in the UK  and they did an X-ray and found something in his heart like a tumor in his heart, very lfe-threatening. So the doctors had to do  some work on it, but the man be be begged "Please send me back to Egypt to see my family then I can come back to do surgery." They said, "No, you can't."  He said, "Please, I beg you." They said, "If you insist you can go for two or three days maximum and take this medicine and continuously take it and you have to come back in more than 3 days or so."

     So he goes back to Egypt to see his family a little sad, his wife and daughter with him. They try to comfort each other. Then he goes to see some of his friends. When he goes outside he notices  an old lady beside a Halal meat shop. Every time the butcher would throw away the excess parts of the meat, the woman would run around, picking up the wasted peices he'd throw away and put them in a bag. All this was happening before the man with the heart problem. He was taken by this. He ran and rushed to the old lady, he said out of respect, "Ya ummi, what are you doing, whats going on?" She told him, " I have six children, and the  last time we ate meat was six months ago.|"
He was so touched by that the he said,"Wallaahi I'll take care of you.|" He went to the butcher and said, "Listen, I'll pay you one year ahead." He asked the poor woman, " Ya ummi, how much do you want?"  She said, "Two pounds." He told the butcher, "Four pounds. Every singles time she comes, give her four pounds..here you go, here's a cheque, go ahead." She then fell on the floor making dua for him, dua and more dua " Rabbanaa yashfeek.." And she was crying. Then the man left, and he says," I felt my heart was so happy an excited, I felt like I could destroy a wall right now from how energetic I was. 
       So he went home and knocked on the door. His daughter answered the door and looked at her father and said, " You look different.. you look different." He said, "Wallahi I feel so good I no longer want to see the doctors in the UK. His daughter said, "Baba, don't get too excited.. what happened?" He mentioned the old lady and how he felt so good. He said," I dont want to go back, I want to stay with you guys" His daughter said, " Daddy, you have to go back."
       So he said ok and  went back and the doctors did the X-ray. They said, " Where in the world did you go?" To what hospital  Did you go to the states? Where did you go?" He said, What are you talking about?" They asked, " Where did you go, what happened." The man didn't know what was going on. The doctors said, "The X-ray shows nothing in you heart, it shows nothing in your heart!" The man said," Wallahi I didnt do anything." They said, "Its impossible, look. They put both X-rays beside each other and put on the light. They said, "Look at this and look at that-are you 
the same person?" They were baffled. They could explain what happen. Thats when the man remembered the hadith of the Messenger of Allah, Sallallaahu alayhi wassallam, "Cure your sick with charity."




No comments:

Post a Comment